Companies That Care Day a great time to do something nice for your employees to call out any (or all) of these best practices.
The Center for Companies That Care is a nonprofit established in 2003 to call attention to organizations that go above and beyond to enhance the well-being of their employees and community. On March 18th we celebrate Companies that Care Day, their annual recognition day to promote socially responsible work practices. What are those, you say? Well the CCTC was good enough to provide a list of ten:
- Sustain a work environment founded on dignity and respect for all employees
- Make employees feel their jobs are important
- Cultivate the full potential of all employees
- Encourage individual pursuit of work/life balance
- Enable the well-being of individuals and their families through compensation, benefits, policies and practices
- Develop great leaders, at all levels, who excel at managing people as well as results
- Appreciate and recognize the contributions of people who work there
- Establish and communicate standards for ethical behavior and integrity
- Get involved in community endeavors and/or public policy
- Consider the human toll when making business decisions
Needless to say, Companies That Care Day a great time to do something nice for your employees to call out any (or all) of these best practices. Recognition is a great place to start! Create a special award, hand out a companywide gift, or simply stop to give a sincere thanks to everyone you see. Every day should have some form of employee appreciation, but big, ripe opportunities like Companies That Care Day are far between. So take advantage and show them that you care!